Requirements to Rent a Car
We at carsirent.com have compiled a list of all requirements to Rent a Car smoothly and easily. With this list you will know exactly what is required to rent a car before making the booking, when you pick up the car, while driving and when it's time to drop off the car. We have included all there is to know for your reference so you are well prepared and 100% ready for the whole process. After reviewing this list our support team is also always available 24/7 for all your enquiries and assistance to clarify all the needed requirements to rent a car.
Before Making a Booking - what is required?
Before you decide to start the booking process of your car rental for your next trip, here are a few points you need to consider first:
Your Age: Most Car rental companies require the driver to be at least 25 years of age. For some companies, being above 21 years of age could also allow you to rent a car, however additional insurance or daily fees may apply.
Your Legal Documents: Check all your documents are ready and none are expired. The needed documents to rent a car are:
- A Valid Driving License: The driver is required to present a valid driving license upon the pickup of the vehicle. Some car rental companies only accept driving licenses that are held for a minimum of 1 year.
- An International Driving License: The IDL must be presented with the local one, if your local license is not written in Roman letters such as Arabic or Chinese. Driver's license originating from countries not part of the international driver's license treaty must also be accompanied by an official translation. If you have any doubt in regards to your driving license, chat with our 24 hour support team available to you through the website and get all the information you need.
- A Valid Credit Card: Every car rental company requires a valid credit card under the driver’s name with enough balance to cover the required security deposit. Verify what your credit card, health care and own vehicle insurance policies cover when renting a car which can help you in saving some cash when deciding on the car rental insurance policy to add on to your package.
During Your Car Rental Booking Process - What is required?
- To review your travel requirements to know exactly which car type you would need.
- To confirm your travel dates and timing of arrival and the location of where you would like to pick up the car. Keep in mind that picking up your car rental from a downtown location is less costly than pick up from the airport where certain surcharges may apply.
- To consider adding an insurance policy to your car rental package from the website as it will be more expensive to add a policy from the rental office upon pick up of your car
- To include additional items to your package if needed such as a navigation system or a child care seat - You may choose to get your own if possible to avoid daily charges
- To read carefully all the terms and conditions applied.
- To print out your Car rental voucher or save a soft copy of it after completing your booking to present it to the car rental company agent with the rest of your documents upon pick up.
Upon Picking up Your Car Rental- What is required:
- To check any obvious damages on your car outer body - Make sure the agent is marking all the visible dents and scratches - Take photos if you need to
- To check your tires - Make sure they are in good condition and you have a spare tire in the trunk
- To verify the fuel available - You will have to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as when you picked up the car, otherwise the car rental company will charge you for the difference in consumed fuel and that will cost you more than what a local gas station would charge
- To take a look at the Interior - Make sure the agent is marking all the visible scratches and furniture marks or spots - Take photos if you need to
- To take note of the Mileage - The agent will be making note of the mileage covered previously by the vehicle, if your car deal includes limited mileage you might want to confirm and note the same number for your reference as well
- To familiarize yourself with the car before the agent leaves so if you have any questions you can get them all answered on the spot
- To read carefully any contract handed to you by the car rental company before signing
While Driving Your Car Rental - What is required?
- To make sure you have Carsirent contact details saved for 24 hour customer support if needed
- To familiarize yourself with the road rules of which apply to the country you are driving in, and make sure to comply with
When it’s Time to Return the Car Rental - What is required?
- To make sure you are returning the car rental before or at the same pick time to avoid additional charges
- To check the mileage and fuel consumed during your rental period
- To make sure you take all your personal belongings from the car before returning it
Have all that is required and now ready to start with your booking process? Go ahead and scroll up to the booking form to start.
At carsirent.com you will be offered a vast variety of cheap car rental deals from international well known rent a car companies. Carsirent.com is a user friendly platform to search and compare car rental deal rates and services in more than 45,000 locations worldwide while benefitting from:
- Competitive Rates
- Endless offers
- The best deals from only trusted Suppliers
- Cash Back
- 24/7 Customer Support
- No Hidden Charges
Carsirent.com is available in more than 45,000 locations worldwide. Here are our Top Locations:
View All Locations
Carsirent.com only works with the best international and trusted local car rental suppliers. Our Top Brands include: